Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hive Hair Spa Pt. 2

I know, I know. Sparse posts don't make for steady fan base. But summer just isn't meant to be spent in front of the computer. School's starting up again soon though...

So anyway, I was making my last appointment for a haircut at Hive Hair Spa before I go back to LA, and I have some updates:

1. Jun Ozawa, head stylist and owner of the salon, is currently in Japan and tending to an injury. I don't know the details, but they aren't making any appointments with him for the time being.

2. Shizuko Sambe, Hive's first female stylist, will be leaving on July 31. After a brief trip to the USA she will be moving back to Japan. Sadly, I never had the opportunity to experience her skills, but my sister and her friends did and they all looked great afterwards, so this will be a loss for Hive.

3. Since the month of June, a new female stylist named Asuka has joined the team. She has over 8 years of experience and has been living and working in Vancouver for the past 4 years. I haven't even met or seen her yet, so if anyone has had her yet, please let me know what you thought!

Anyhow, I'm getting Sho on Aug. 8. I'd try Asuka out myself, but I'm always wary about trying new stylists. Seriously, I used to have haircut anxiety nightmares about a week before getting a haircut with a stylist I've never had before. Of course, I've never had a bad haircut yet, but still...

1 comment: